Trek twice the gorillas and visit the golden monkeys! The little-known golden monkey (cercopithecus mitis kandt) is listed as "endangered". Next to this trip you can fly to Zanzibar to find the best place to see the red colobus monkey and to have a superb beach holiday with one of the best snorkeling sites of the Idean ocean!
Magic Safaris Proposal for Zanzibar:
The extension can be tailor-made to your wishes!
The east coast of Zanzibar is lined with powder-white beaches which look towards a long barrier reef, about a kilometre offshore. Inland you’ll find small fishing villages and a variety of places to stay. Swimming at low tide at the east and northeast coast is impossible unless you like a very long walk. But the walks across the lagoon to the barrier reef are part of the attraction.
The main reason for coming here is for the superb diving and snorkeling! And when snorkeling or scuba diving appeals, the Mnemba Atoll on the northeast Coast (a shallow expanse of coral reef with a tiny island) is a must-do.
- Ref Safari: RWA010
- Price inquiries: use the inquiry form on this page! Our Sales Desk will respond within 24 hours!
- Min. 2 participants. For Gorillas the min. age is 15 years.
- Different hotel categories are available: Budget, Standard and Exclusive accommodation. See our recommended Hotels/Lodges in the day by day program. Open the link of the itinerary on this page!
- Only the Park Authorities will assign you a gorilla group. Communicate your wishes to our driver-guide he will make some arrangements for you! The Sussa group leaves at the Karisimbi volcano and is more challenging with much longer hiking times!
- Flash photograpy is not permitted when tracking the gorillas.
- Tipping: $ 10$ per participant per gorilla trek for the Ranger guides.
- Porters are available ($ 10) and assist participants during the hike, they are very useful for your comfort! At the same time you will support the local community!
- What is included?
Tour Includes (Rwanda): Airport transfers,accommodation, all meals, plenty of mineral water, the services of a driver-guide, all park and entry fees, all activities as per programme: visit of Kigali including the Genocide Memorial Centre at Gisozi, 2 gorilla treks, hiking to the golden monkeys, visit of the Iby'Iwacu traditional village. Excludes: Airline ticket, beverages, tips, visas and personal expenses.
The holiday package includes (Zanzibar): airport transfers, hotel accommodation, meal plans at your choice, half-day guided historical tour of Stone town, half-day guided tour Jozani Forest. Optional: diving & snorkling arrangements and other special interest tours. It Excludes: Airline ticket, beverages, tips, visas, zanzibar departure tax and personal expenses.
What to bring with you?
Money for your personal expenses (average of $ 100 p.p.), outfit with adapted colours for wildlife observation, good hiking shoes, raingear, a few long-sleeve shirts, slippers, sweater for cool evenings, sun protection: hat, sunglasses, sun cream, video/photo camera, a 200 mm or longer telepholens is very usefull, reserve batteries, films and a torch.
Money for your personal expenses, $ 30 departure tax, light clothes are advisable, sun protection is a must (sunglasses, sun cream, sunhat), malaria protection, mosquito repellent for use in the evenings, your own diving mask if you have, plastic shoes of sandals are recommended for shoreline walks at low tide, camera - and any special batteries. Town power is 240v and mostly square pin sockets (like UK).
- Flights to Zanzibar: Out of Kigali there is no direct flight to Zanzibar. The best connections are via Nairobi with several flight a day.
WARNING: Gorilla permits are in high demand and need to be booked and paid in advance! Book your gorilla safari accordingly and avoid disappointment!
Duration : 11 Days
Travelstyles : Tailor-made, Special Interest, Beach Holidays
Activities : Diving & Snorkeling, Gorilla Trekking, Guided Nature Walks & Hikes.
Parks & places : Genocide Memorial Centre - Gisozi & others, Iby'Iwacu Cultural Village - Volcanoes NP, Volcanoes National Park